K-12 / Higher Education
Administrators, teachers, students, parents, and communities — build a more effective education environment with a limitless communications network from Conterra.
Limitless Communications — Limitless Learning
Educators are facing a growing demand to meet technology-friendly learning requirements. BYOD, tablets, computers, programs, e-learning applications, video-streaming, conferencing, and security needs continue to accelerate bandwidth consumption.
With emerging and demanding learning technologies — video lectures, digital textbooks, online assessment and learning, connected classrooms, BYOD, VoIP and videoconferencing, and online collaboration tools — educators are challenged with providing exponentially growing bandwidth for the foreseeable future.
- Deliver increasing bandwidth requirements. The State Educational Technology Directors Association (SETDA) recommends internal WAN connections of at least 1 Gbps per 1,000 students and staff by 2014-15, with 10 Gbps by 2017-18
- Provide end users 24/7/365 support for an increasing array of services
- Enable increasing demand for consistent, reliable access to cloud services
- Support distance learning as it continues to play an increasing role in both urban and rural schools
- Maintain and update ever-increasing complex, Infrastructure
- Support desktop virtualization in order to realize the potential of significant capital and operational cost savings
- Deploy security measures to addresses evolving threats
- Manage overall lower funding. At least 35 states are providing less funding per student for the 2013-14 school year than they did in 2007
Conterra E-Rate Program
The E-Rate program has been helping U.S. schools and libraries connect to the Internet since 1997. Authorized under the Telecommunications Act of 1996, E-Rate is the largest federal education technology program and is overseen by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
In 2014, the FCC approved a massive $1.5-billion annual increase for the E-Rate program to help schools pay for broadband connectivity and network infrastructure. The FCC made a number of changes to the program that provide economic incentives to schools and libraries.
- Provide upfront funding for all eligible capital costs for new fiber network construction
- Allow schools and libraries to pay their non-discounted share of upfront costs over four years
- Expand funding to include lit services, dark fiber, and self-provisioned fiber
- Fund construction costs beyond the applicant’s property line
- Provide Category One eligibility support for the modulation electronics needed for fiber
Conterra has years of experience in partnering and supporting K–12 organizations through the E-Rate process. For more information about the E-Rate program and how we can help, click here.
Our Connectivity Solutions for K-12 / Education Industry
Benefit from the most effective solution with a customized arrangement of transport services to fit your specific needs.
Choose from fiber, microwave, and hybrid networks to address your communications needs — no matter where.
Partner with an experienced, high-capacity network provider for communications solutions that enable your organization to grow and expand.
Experience industry-leading performance with 99.99% availability in every network we design, build, and manage.